http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Moment in Time (My 1st Meg's Garden DT Reveal!)

I am so thrilled to be newly part of the amazing Meg's Garden Design Team!

And I am just as thrilled to share with you my first creations as DT using 
the beautiful Gentlemen and Correspondence collections.


This double-page layout is very special to me as it features pictures of 
my maternal grandparents who unfortunately are no longer of this world since my adolescence.  
Pepere and Memere Allard were such exceptional people and my family (my mom, brother, lots of aunts, uncles and cousins) misses them all still.  They will live within each and every one of us forever.
 
What better way to give them tribute than to include them into my he(ART).

Here is a close-up of the left side:


and the right side:


The Gentlemen collection is very vintage and elegant 
and the patterns and colors went perfectly with these old photos.
I added some quotes from other pattern paper that I thought fit well the theme of my layout.



For all of you who love Meg's Garden, you know that she offers a large variety of exquisite flowers, leaves and accents including the gorgeous large white Lotus flower.


I used white cardstock as my background and added some stenciling with molding paste and then sprayed it with mist to give it an aged look.  I tucked in little pieces of cheesecloth and silver mesh ribbon.  
And, as I normally do (you will see that I do this on practically all my shabby-style work), 
I dabbed some white paint all over to soften everything up.


 This lovely butterfly was cut out of one of the many Collage Art images available at Meg's Garden.
I added a bit of bling to it by cutting off a strip of the Square Silver Diamante Trim and sticking it in the center of the butterfly.  I've also added several squares of the trim throughout my layout, as you can see on most close-up images.


My favorite of all the Meg's Garden stash I've received as part of my DT kit are the Heirloom fabric flowers.   The ones I used on my project are the Latte ones, but they come in several different colours, all beautiful from one to the next.


 And one last close-up...


As a bonus project, I used up some more of the Gentleman collection mixed with a little piece of Correspondence papers to create this birthday card.


I love the blue touches of the 'A Traveling Gentleman' sheet which I've matched with a single Cherry Blossom flower, two adorable blue Small Roses and some small Rose Leaves.


Once again, I cut out this blue butterfly from the Collage Art Butterflies ATC paper.  
I cut out a piece of the Round Silver Diamante Trim and added a tiny blue gem in the centre.


 And some gorgeous Lace Trim to finish it off...

 

Visit the Meg's Garden blog for more inspiration from all the DT girls
and check out all the amazing products available in the shop.

List of supplies from Meg's Garden Shop
The Gentleman Collection 
Gentleman (P6407)
A Gentleman on Time (P6410)
A Gentleman's Automobile (P6411)
A Traveling Gentleman (P6409)
The Correspondence Collection 
Letter from Tucson 1909 (P6403)
Butterflies Collage Art ATC paper (ATC015) 
Fabric Flowers 
Lotus White Flower (098wh)
Latte Heirloom 4cm (9317lat)
Paper Flowers & Leaves 
Copper Paper Leaves (med copper)
Copper Paper Leaves Small (sm copper)
Rose Leaves 3cm (da0962)
Mini Rosebuds white 1cm (gt-wh)
Small Roses white 2 cm (008wh)
Small Roses blue 1.5cm (gil523)
Cherry Blossoms (cherry)
Round Silver Diamante Trim (RBY28)
Square Silver Diamante Trim (RBY48)
Lace 3.5cm off white (L2902)
Clock lg flat back (c69)

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous projects for the Meg's Garden DT, awesome vintage details

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is always so beautiful and awe inspiring, Nicole. I love this LO and you have me thinking about getting back to work on my own album!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely gorgeous! Love that white flower and all the layers that accent the florals! I need that ATC paper for all the butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete