http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Amazing Day (2Crafty DT Reveal - Part 2)

I adore creating with 2Crafty chipboard - I must say that aside from flowers, 
they are my favorite items to use on a scrapbooking project.

This month, as part of my 2Crafty DT reveal, I wanted to pay tribute to Summer!

Click HERE to view my full reveal on the 2Crafty blog.


I had a bit of a hard time creating this layout.  My first attempt at a background is all crumpled up in the waste basket. ha!  I'm much more pleased with this one.

The first 2Crafty piece to showcase is this very nice "Lighthouse".
I wanted to give it an old woodgrain effect using texture paste and different other mediums, 
but I didn't exactly succeeded.  I still like the finished result though.

 The "Such an Amazing Day title" was covered with white gesso, then dabbed with a little pink and blue distress stains, then finished off with some metallic champagne paint.

Also seen on the image below is the ship's wheel from the "Pirate Treasure" set.


I used a circle Studio Calico stencil and gems to create the effect of light rays in the background.


Tucked amidst my flower clusters are different treasures of the sea
included in the "Seashells" set: seashells, seahorse and star fish.


The sea anchor is also from the "Pirate Treasure" set.
I treated it the same as the ship's wheel, covering it with white gesso, heated to a boil
and then topped with different shades of brown distress stains.

 
 
Now on to these "Surfy Waves"!



They gave me a hard time, mostly because I am so fussy when creating. 
I wouldn't stop until they turned out perfect (in my eyes anyway)
so I used layers over layers of different mediums to try to give them
the color and foamy look of real sea water.

I started off with white gesso, then added crackle paint.
Then, I dabbed on some distress stains (all shades of blue I could find in my stash).
Next, I put on a generous coat of Liquitex Glass Beads gel followed by more gesso.
I added some regular gel then more white gesso, dabbed again with distress stains, 
metallic champagne paint, and more white gesso.


These chippie waves have got so much product on them 
that I think my finished layout now weighs at least10lbs!


And, saving the best for last, a beautiful picture of Yves and I 
enjoying a great day of Summer vacation in Percé, Quebec.


If you'd like to try and recreate my techniques and do your own sea-themed layout,
check out all the 2Crafty chippies I used (and more!) on the 2Crafty website.

2 comments:

  1. Nicole.... This layout is absolutely stunning! And I'm not "into" mixed media art, but I really love this beauty. I especially like how you created the lighthouse light rays beaming out... so creative. This is so inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing, love the waves and love the corner cluster with the lighthouse..the sea horse is very cute!

    ReplyDelete