http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Dreamer (April Prima BAP)

Ok, i think i've done it! After a few years of scrapbooking, i have just created my very FAVORITE layout so far. I was inspired by this adorable sketch for the Prima Build-A-Page challenge for April. It is for a single page layout as you can see, but i extended it to a double page. As you already know, i'm more accustomed to doing double-pages and i know a lot of scrappers who prefer them so i hope it can inspire you to let your inspiration go 'beyond the page' so to speak. :) (I just hope my love for double pages doesn't minimize my chances on winning challenges or being featured since the preference on most prominent blogs seem to be single pages.)
I had taken this beautiful picture of Yves last Spring, sitting on a park bench, lost in thought. I had it developed in sepia tones and was waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it on a layout. Then came Prima's Madeline collection! :)

Dreamer
I can't begin to tell you how much i love how this layout turned out! The Prima paper is so beautiful and the colors are simply exquisite. I just had to cut out and use as many as the butterflies on the paper called Skyward (what a pretty name for a page!) as i could. All Prima products used are: Madeline Skyward (842437), Parfait (842468), Rosalee (842406), Melody Arabesque (842574), Botanical Glittered Cardstock Stickers (545857), Sparkling Springs - Marri Collection (548582), Aberdeen Bella Notte Collection (547097), Fairy Tale Roses (538668), Mini Rose Mid Release Sunrise (535469), Lovely Fabric Leaves (547523).
The big fabric flower, the beige flowers like the one on the right and the small green ones are all handmade. A big THANK YOU goes to Wanda @ my LSS, Scrapbook Craze, for showing me how to do them! I'll do a tutorial at some point to show you how to make them as they are fairly easy to make!
All chipboard pieces are from the Dusty Attic. Check them out! All their laser-cut chippies are amazing!
The fancy strips and borders were done with Martha's Stewart punches.
Hope you were inspired to spend a little bit of the weekend scrapbooking! Take the time for a stroll in the park too... :)

3 comments:

  1. very cool turning it into a 2-pager

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, that is a gorgeous LO. LOVE the colours and all of the little details and elements :) All of the flowers, the way you've turned it into a double, just brilliant. Thanks for linking it up for my blog candy question, I can see why it is your favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS! I love everything about this LO. I love all the embellishments you used and the color scheme really fits your photos!!

    ReplyDelete