http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Monday, March 14, 2011

My Mind's Eye Blog - Challenge #21

I love My Mind's Eye paper! I don't think there's ONE collection of theirs that i didn't absolutely fall in love with at first sight.  So when i saw this challenge on their blog last week, i just knew i had to play :)  Sketches were given as inspiration to create both a card and a layout, using 'Celebrate Today' as a theme and 80% of their products.  I decided to use the Stella and Rose collection for each project. (Unfortunately, my local scrapbooking store was all out of My Mind's Eye products except for the paper, their big order only arriving this week... and i just couldn't risk not meeting the deadline for this challenge which is Wednesday, so the paper just had to do for this time around.  It is so beautiful in and of itself that i figure it must amount to 99.9%... at LEAST - hehe).


Always Delight in Today
As you already know, i really like double-page layouts so as usual i have taken the liberty to extend the sketch on another page. I love the combination of yellow, grey and blue of the 'boy version' of Stella and Rose called 'Hattie'. The black glittery title and flowers are from Making Memories; flowers are from Petaloo and bling is from ZVA Creative.  Journaling reads: "I have waited 33 years to find the ONE... Now that I have found you, I will treasure every single day I am given with you!"
   The card challenge came as the perfect opportunity to not only use the Stella and Rose leftover paper from the layout, but also to make a special card for Yves whose birthday was yesterday.   
I love you Birthday Boy! <3

****************
Before i go, i have to tell you that last Friday was a very special day for me... i finally received (all the way from Australia!) my prize pack of KaiserCraft products i had won in their January Saturday Sketch contest... the beautiful English Rose collection. Also, on that very same day, i found out that my layout 'Poet @ Heart' had been picked as the winner of the last BoBunny Layout Challenge Friday.  Needless to say, i was one very happy scrapper!

4 comments:

  1. Wow a 2 page lo!!! Beautiful. Love the card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming by and leaving such a kind comment on my Haiku mini-book. Your MME LO is just stunning. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more I see blog posts like this, the more I really to start in my scrapbooking. You're giving tons of ideas on what I can do. Hopefully I can buy all the stuff I need.

    ReplyDelete