http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Gifts from the Heart

A few months before Christmas, i had made these altered frames as gifts to my Mom, my friend Denise and my friend Christine.  Now that all gifts have finally been delivered (yes, it took that long for Santa to visit! hehe), i can share them with you.  

For Denise

 For Mom

 For Christine




And also for my friend Christine and her boyfriend Andy who have moved into a brand new home last November (and which we visited only this past weekend and found super beautiful), i made this Home Sweet Home card with the We R Memory Keepers Family Keepsake collection. 


Wishing you all a very creative weekend!  I will most likely be working on a Prima-based layout for their March Prima Product Pick and Palette challenge and start preparing my application for their new Design Team.  It's a long shot, but i have nothing to lose - it would certainly be a dream come true!

2 comments:

  1. Those frames are so cool! I can't even begin to figure out how you did them. Would you consider writing a little tutorial on them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to write a little more details, but the lack of time made me have to keep it short and sweet. They were fairly easy to make actually as you buy the actual 3-piece frame already cut. I think it was by KaiserCraft, but i'm not 100% sure since it was a while back. I tried finding the frame online, but i couldn't (thus another reason why i didn't write a tutorial). I glued paper on one side of the frame and then cut around it with an exacto knife. Then, i distressed the edges a little with a sandfile and some distress ink. I connected each piece together with ribbon, then the last step was to add the embellishments. I wish i could find a link to the actual frames i used. I will keep on looking and if i find it, i'll make sure to add it my post. :)

    ReplyDelete