http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Saturday, October 12, 2019

AMOUR UNE JOURNEE PARFAITE
- mixed media canvas -
(The Dusty Attic DT)


I recently went to the post-wedding celebration of 2 of my best friends, and I thought it would be special to create a canvas for them to remember this special day.


The canvas is 16 inches by 20 inches. I covered it with a coat of clear gesso,
and then used 2 different Dusty Attic stencils, Damask #2 and Large Dot, to add some texture and design to the base with modeling paste and several coats of inks, sprays and paints.


Since my friends are francophones, I used a saying from the French Wordplay, the Ensemble Amour set, as well as the word 'moments' from the Mini Tags #3 which has the same meaning in both languages.


Working with such a large surface, I thought it would be awesome to use several of the beautiful Fancy Frames. I added a few smaller frames from the Frame Medley. 


I wanted to keep them all elegant and classy and part of the background, so I used white embossing powder and white acrylic paint on them.


In the above image you see two Ornate Pendants colored in black.


On the words I used paprika colored embossing powder to match the orange and royal blue colour palette, which you can guess were also the wedding colours. I decorated with some Baroque Flourishes and black Decorative Dots.


I went a bit crazy with the flowers!  I love how there is no limit when working with canvases... you can use some of the biggest and thickest flowers in your staff because there's no limit!


I always get very nervous when creating a project as a gift, 
but I do love how this turned out, and my friends loved it as well.

Now, let's take a look at all the Dusty Attic chipboard and other products used.


Chipboard
Fancy Frame #8 - DA2128
Fancy Frame #10 - DA2130
Fancy Frame #12 - DA2241
Frame Medley - DA2445
Ornate Pendants #3 - DA1366
Ornate Pendants #4 - DA1367
Baroque Flourish #4 - DA2367
Decorative Dots Black - DA1820
Ensemble Amour - DA2000
French Wordplay - DA2003
Mini Tags #3 Black - DA1815
Stencil
Damask #2 - DA1707
Large Dot - DA1771

And check out all the beautiful chipboard designs on the Dusty Attic website!!
Make your list now to add a ton of it to your stash and then share with us
your projects on the Dusty FANattics FB page.


No comments:

Post a Comment