http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Sunday, April 1, 2018

WILD AT HEART Layout
(More Than Words DT - April Main Challenge)


If you're familiar with my scrappy work, you must know that it varies
from shabby chic with lots of flowers and soft romantic tones 
to bright and bold with more of a fun old school style. I always try to
incorporate a bit of mixed media into it although I still consider myself
a novice in that field and I don't think I will ever stop learning.

With this layout created for the More Than Words April Main Challenge,
I incorporated a little of everything, going from sweet to... wild. :)


Here is the April Main Challenge with which I have absolutely adored creating!
Word Inspiration - NATURE
Creative Challenge - ANIMAL (image or print)

You can find all you need to know about this challenge and the fabulous prizes
up for grabs as well as inspiration from the very talented MTW DT right HERE.

Of course, the obvious thought that comes to mind when one thinks of NATURE is our wonderful outdoor world of fauna and flora, but I was inspired by the other definition of the word. A person's character is called his or her nature, and this layout is a tribute to my oldest niece's beauty... inside and out. She is a funny, happy go lucky, kind and carefree, and I hope that she forever will be.

I opted to go with the ANIMAL PRINT for the creative challenge, extending the zebra print in the photo to the patterned paper and a few gems on the page. I absolutely adore animal print!

Let's take a look at some details:


I thought that the black and white of the print and the deep red would
look dramatic and beautiful against a kraft background.


Most of the chipboard used are from Dusty Attic. They already come in black so were the perfect accents to my page. I popped up some layers of paper with 3D foam squares.


This girl is absolutely wonderful and this photo is definitely a favorite of mine!


Are you inspired?  Will you opt for an animal image on your project
of animal print as I did?  I can't wait to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment