http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Thursday, August 17, 2017

SISTERLY LOVE - Single Page Layout
(Dusty Attic DT)


It's my turn again on The Dusty Attic blog to share another DT project
featuring lots of Dusty Attic chippies, flowers, paints and more!


Since I didn't use the August mood board sketch as inspiration for my mixed media canvas shared with you earlier this month, I decided to use it for this layout.  As on the sketch, I went with 2 small prints for my pictures framed with diagonal flourishes and lots of flowers.



Definitely some of my favorite newly released pieces are the Lacey Trim and the Quoted Sentiments that now come in black.  These black chipboard pieces are awesome as you can use them as is - no need to color them - and they pop out of any project.


On the Lacey Trim above and the Layered Flourishes seen below, I used a combination of Oceania and Faded Denim acrylic paints with some dabs of white. I then added a bit of Clear Gloss Varnish to give them a little shine. The Leaves were covered with Crushed Olive.


In my flower clusters, you see Dusty In Bloom Blue Bonnet and Bridal Veil flowers
along with some other pieces from my own stash.  I love the blue colour palette!


On my background, I dabbed some Crushed Olive paint and then used
 modeling paste with the Sparkle stencil to add texture and design.  
After coloring the Monarch Butterflies with a black Copic marker, I dabbed them 
with white paint and then added rust colored ink for a dual color effect.


These beautiful little girls are my friends' daughters!


Now let's take a closer look at all the Dusty Attic products used!


Dusty Attic Supply List
 

Chipboard:
Quoted Sentiments #1 Black - DA1796


Dusty in Bloom:
Stencil
Dusty in Colour:
Crushed Olive - DA0917
Accessories:

To learn more about all the fabulous products available from The Dusty Attic, click HERE to visit their website.  And view their blog HERE for constant inspiration from their DT.

No comments:

Post a Comment