http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Thursday, August 10, 2017

DREAM ON - Mixed Media Canvas
(Dusty Attic DT - August Mood Board Challenge)


I am so thrilled to be sharing with you my very first DT project
for the Dusty Attic.  Being a part of this fabulous team is truly
a dream come true so this canvas that I created that I call 'Dream On'
is the perfect project to start off this marvelous creative adventure!


I was inspired by the gorgeous August mood board that is country, rustic,
shabby chic, and elegant all into one.  Hopefully you will play along and 
link up your project in the Dusty Attic blog sidebar by the end of August.


Since I was making a mixed media canvas, I decided to save the lovely sketch
for inspiration for my 2nd DT project which I will be sharing with you
a bit later on this month.

Let's take a closer look at my canvas!

As you can see, it's actually a canvas upon a canvas.
I started off with a 8x10 canvas and affixed a smaller 4x6 canvas 
on top of it.  I wanted to make the focal piece of my project,
the stunning Dusty Attic Dream Catcher #2, pop out even more.


My canvas was primed with white gesso after which I some modeling paste
with the Feathers and Arrows stencil to create some textured design on the base.
I then added layers upon layers of different mists, stains and paints
until I achieved the marble white and aqua blue effect that you see.


On all my chipboard pieces, I used some blue and white embossing powders,
and then I dabbed the pieces with shimmery white paint to also give them
a dual colour effect.  There is so much medium on each piece 
that I'm sure that they have easily doubled their weight.


Below you can see details of the flowers I used including some vintage 
blooms from Dusty Attic in the ivory color and a lovely 
Page Pebble that went perfectly with the theme of my canvas.

Without a doubt, one of my favorite Dusty Attic set is the Boho Feathers set.
I used 2 feathers on my canvas and still have 3 left for future projects!


I have a very messy style when it comes to mixed media,
and even on most of my layouts, as you will see with future shares.
I tend to go crazy with the white paint and mist on most of
my embellishments, from flowers to badges to chippies.
I also like to sprinkle lots of micro beads here, there, everywhere!


And here is one final look at my canvas
which I really hope has inspired you today.


Here is a list of the Dusty Attic products used:


Chipboard
Stencil
Flowers
Dusty in Bloom - Champagne Kisses

Click HERE to see my first DT reveal on the Dusty Attic blog
and I would so appreciate if you left me some comment love on there.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment