http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Friday, May 15, 2015

You Make Me Happy
(2Crafty May DT Reveal Part 2 & SATW Epic Event)


I promised you yesterday that you would love my 2nd share
of my 2Crafty Chipboard DT reveal this month.

Please let me know in the comments if you do! :)



I'm so excited to share with you this layout as it is my entry for the Epic Event
challenge over at Scrap Around the World, inspired by the fun celebratory mood board designed by SATW owner and my friend, Helen Tilbury.


Even though I'm part of the Scrap Around the World DT
 (my DT reveal also based on this same mood board will be revealed tomorrow!!!),  I'm able to play along this month as part of  their VIP
because I made it on their Wall of Fame back in September 2014.

You can find out all the details on this challenge HERE,
and you'll be happy to know that 2Crafty is one of the major sponsors,
so needless to say, I have my eye on that prize! :)

I was inspired by the overall happy feel of the mood board,
so I knew right away that I wanted to use the 2Crafty "You Make Me Happy title".  I started with a coat of white gesso and then just dabbed parts of it with
3 shades of pink and purple stains, based on the colours of the mood board.
As you can obviously see, I accentuated the word 'happy' by coloring it blue.

On the left of the title, you see a cluster of beautiful Prima flowers.


To go along with the title theme, I decided to add my own little sunshine
coming from the "Mini Weather Icons" pack.
I added polkadot embossing to the tag and strips of pink cardstock,
which was inspired by the beautiful shoes on the board.  


Also from the "Mini Weather Icons" are the cute little clouds to which I added some sparkle texture paste and Stickles for some added sparkle.


Inspired by the photo of the girls playing with pink balloons,
I used some "Bubble Clumps" painted pink...


and 3 of the "Mini Hot Air Balloons".
I treated them with white gesso, blue, purple and pink stains,
Bo Bunny glitter paste, Stickles and dabs of white paint.


This photo and layout just puts a huge smile on my face!



To find out all the details about SATW's Epic Event, click HERE.

And to see all the beautiful chipboard offered by 2Crafty, you can visit their website HERE.


11 comments:

  1. SO pretty Nicole! You've done a wonderful job!! Thank you so much for taking part in our EPIC EVENT at SATW LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! Love the colors and love the rings and the title too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouaw Nicole this is a fabulous page !! I love the colors and chipboard you used !! Thank you for taking part in our Epic Event :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful LO Nicole! you have added so many wonderful details....very interesting! Love this!
    Thanks so much for joining us at SATW Epic event 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this! Love the colors, the air balloons and how you used and colored the chippies! Thanks for playing along with our EPIC EVENT at SATW ( LOL by me as well)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicole this is stunning! Love your chipboards and their treatments! Love your clusters and those clouds! On my fav list! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Nicole !! This is gorgeous, I love your chipboards !! Thank you for joining us at SATW Epic Event :)
    Lydie Denis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sensational Nicole! I love the pastel colours and that lacing. It feels weird to say it but thanks for joining the Epic Event at SATW. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful work! I love how you have used chipboards! Thank you for joining us at SATW Epic Event!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love your universe !!! Beautiful LO

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow gros coup de coeur pour cette page! C'est de toute beauté!

    ReplyDelete