http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Two Hearts
(2Crafty May DT Reveal Part 1)



It's my turn to be featured once again on the 2Crafty Chipboard blog today
and I am sharing with you 3 very girly shabby chic layouts, the first of which you can see below!

Each one of them features a fabulous picture of 2 pretty little girls that my boyfriend 
and I feel blessed to have in our lives, the daughters of some dear friends of ours,
Celeste and Jade, whom you've seen before on some of my creations.


I am really happy with this layout, the mix of cold and warm colours
the country yet elegant romantic feel, the beige wood grain paper from Kaisercraft,
an assortment of flowers and bling from Prima, and of course all the chipboard pieces used,
starting with the "Two Hearts title" which I simply covered with stain and
glimmer mist, and then lightly dabbed the bottom part with white paint.


I used 3 of the 4 "Chained Circle Frames" which I tucked behind the photo
and the upper and lower paper layers.  I treated them with white gesso,
and then dabbed different shades of brown and blue stains followed by white paint.
 I did the same to the "Interlocking Grid Panel".


The country look is accentuated by the wood grain paper background
as well as the kraft paper flowers and twine.


To go with the feathery white blanket the girls are posing on,
I decided to add 2 pieces of the "Soft Feather Set" to which I added light blue stain,
white paint and sparkle texture paste on the usual coat of gesso.


Another very country-looking piece is the "Doodled Heart" over which
I added another heart which is the center piece of the smaller "Lace Heart Frames".
I then cut out a piece of the "Love Border" to use as a subtitle.


Another look at the stars of my layouts today.
What photogenic girls, right?


If you liked this layout, I promise you will love the one I'll be sharing with you tomorrow.

If you can't wait, you can see it right HERE on the 2Crafty blog!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow what a lovely layout Nicole.....so inspirational love it!! hugs Amy xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. my goodness, this is amazing! so many gorgeous elements on your layout. I love the addition of the cardboard.

    ReplyDelete