http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Monday, March 26, 2012

I Miss... (OUAS March 15th Challenge)

For the latest challenge at Once Upon A ...Sketch, i had to create a layout about someone i miss right now and why.  It could be about a loved one, but also about missing a special time in your life or even missing a beloved pet.  

I chose to scrapbook about my darling Buffy whom i still miss a lot even if she's been gone for almost 5 years.  This special doggy has meant so much to me and, as cheesy as it may sound, she had been my most loyal friend for 9 years before i had to say goodbye to her.  To this day, i still sometimes see and hug her in my dreams and those dreams are always the sweetest.  I know that i will have more pets throughout my life, but Buffy will always hold a very special place in my heart.

Along with the journaling criteria, Once Upon A ...Sketch provided this sketch as inspiration.
Here is my layout...
The journaling reads: "Even after almost 5 years, I still miss you so... your cute face, your furry cuddles, your unconditional love, cute Buffy girl."
I used a mixture of different products for this layout, among others, My Mind's Eye So Sophie pattern paper, Dusty Attic chipboard, Imaginarium Designs chipboard, Prima and KaiserCraft flowers, Prima Alphabet Stickers, ZVA Creative bling and KaiserCraft rub-ons.

Here are some close-ups:





As always, I'm interested in reading your thoughts on my layout and also on your special pet who's no longer with you but whom you still miss today.

9 comments:

  1. Hello Nicole,
    I made a draw of a winner today to my GC giveaway and you are the lucky winner.
    Please comment on my post here that you read this
    http://craftersreference.blogspot.com/2012/03/winner-of-gift-certificate.html

    and send reply to me at
    craftersreference at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow, this looks gorgeous. You have put so much work into this page and have dedicated it beautifully to your pooch. Thanks for joining us at Once Upon A Sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous! You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! stunning page filled with gorgeous details! love the stitching and the sweet photo of your little buffy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous page, I love all the fussy work and you've inspired me to try some other techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful layout, Nicole. And I know how you feel. I still miss my dog, too, and he's been gone nearly two years now. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous layout. Love all that chipboard you've added. Such great details. Thanks for sharing it with us at OUAS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning page. Thank you for sharing at Once Upon a Sketch...

    ReplyDelete