http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Mother & Daughter (a OUAS & Prima layout)

This weekend, I had the pleasure and honor of scrapbooking a layout about the most special woman in my life who is none other than...  my MOM!  

My mother has always been a great inspiration to me as a woman... strong, outspoken, funny and generous.  Throughout the years, we have always shared a special bond as mother and daughter and together, we have been through happy and sad times.  Every day my love for her and admiration of her grow and know no bound.  I know that i do not tell her nearly often enough how much i appreciate her and i'm proud to have her be MY Mom!  :)

This layout was inspired by the November 15th challenge at Once Upon A ...Sketch for which the journalling had to focus on me as a woman or any female in my life.  This beautiful sketch was also provided as inspiration:

 

The journalling, a vellum quote that i love and that speaks so true to my relationship with my Mom, reads: 

The special bond shared between a mother and daughter is the one place in all the world where hearts can be sure of each other.  Like branches on a tree, we may grow in different directions, but our roots remain one.  And through the fury of the storm or the calm of the rainbow, we depend on each other for understanding and compassion.




 If you are a fan of Prima, you will have surely recognized that my layout is mostly based around Prima products, using the November Product Pick. What a gorgeous palette of fall colors!

Thank you so much for visiting!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, lots of amazing detail and such beautiful colors! Thanks for playing along with at OUAS =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, this is just beautiful! I love your details and the colors, the chippies, it's lovely! Thank you for joining our challenge at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole this is so beautiful. I love the words that you use to describe your mum. That is just great to hear. Your love for her shows through this layout...the delicate details, the flowers and warm loving colours. Just wonderful. Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS! have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow.. this is stunning.. i love that quote.. all the details and distressing and flowers and embellies are so beautiful.. well done on the challenge..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your take on the challenge and your journaling. The circular photos look awesome too.
    Thanks for joining us at OUAS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing! Love the way you've used your photos cut into circles. And all the details and dimension are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty layout full of interesting detail! Thanks for sharing at Once Upon a Sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful craft!
    I love the details and everything with it.
    Cheers xxxx
    Regina
    Mother Daughter Quotes

    ReplyDelete