http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Saturday, June 1, 2019

SIMPLY ANNE
- single page layout -
(More Than Words DT - June Main Challenge)


WOOHOO! June is finally here! And in my part of the world, that means 
Summer (finally!), my birthday and yep... not so fun... June bugs!

But it also means a brand new fun challenge at More Than Words!
And I am so excited to share with you this brand new layout of mine,
inspired by this June main challenge.


Here is the June main challenge board from More Than Words.

Word Inspiration - FAVORITE
Creative Challenge - SCRAPLIFT YOURSELF

You can find all you need to know about this challenge and the fabulous prizes
up for grabs as well as inspiration from the very talented MTW DT right HERE.


 I thought long and hard about this month's word inspiration and how I wanted to represent it in my project. There were so many ways to go, but I finally decided to use a photo of one of my FAVORITE fictional characters of all time, Anne of Green Gables, definitely a favorite in Eastern Canada where I live. This particular depiction of Anne (with an E) is from the most recent TV version of this story, which I absolutely love. 

I decided to SCRAPLIFT the design and selfie theme of the very first project that I created for More Than Words, back in January 2016.


Let's look at some close-ups!


Those familiar with Anne of Green Gables will understand my choice of title.
The quote underneath is from the book that I've read so many times since my childhood
and still love so much. Anne's character and story have definitely touched me.


In homage to Anne's vivid and beautiful imagination, I wanted to 
create a whimsical and majestic composition on my page.


And of course, I couldn't do that without lots and flowers and butterflies!


Similarly to my original layout, I added several words on my page
to complement my title and the overall theme.


There is no word to describe how I adore this image of Anne from the TV series.
I am so happy to have had the opportunity to showcase it in my art.


I would love to know what you think of my layout through the comments
or on Facebook. Are you also a fan of Anne of Green Gables?

I cannot wait to see how you will interpret this More Than Words challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment