http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Thursday, September 20, 2018

THE PEACEFUL HEART layout
(Dusty Attic DT - September Mood Board)


Hello everyone!
I hope you are having a wonderful month of September so far!

I'm sharing with you today this layout inspired by
the gorgeous September mood board here at The Dusty Attic.


Here is this mood board that I absolutely adore and know that you must too!
The colour palette is absolutely stunning and the images so warm and inviting.

While looking through my photos, I found this picture of an old abandoned log cabin in the woods that we came across while roaming the forest during a camping trip. The cabin is very worn down, the roof covered in green moss and the yard completely taken over by nature. The whole scene looked magically beautiful. I thought it would be a perfect photo for this challenge and I found just as perfect a title for it in my Dusty Attic chipboard stash. I created an ombre effect on it with different shades of green embossing powders.


As you can see, I used many forest and nature themed chipboard for this page, including some Ferns and Foliage #8 as well as a few pieces from the more recent Driftwood #1 and Wood Slices sets. The Water Pump and the Chain Rectangle were colored with a combination of gold, silver and copper metallic markers.


I embossed some Mini Dragonflies with sparkly dark brown and popped them up against my background. The Mini Tag and Word Play were both black originally and I dabbed them with some white paint only to color in the white marble spots with several shades of brown marker.


This photo dates back to 6 years ago and I was waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it.


Here is a closer look at all the Dusty Attic chipboard used on this page.


Chipboard
The Peaceful Heart... - DA0561
Mini Tags #2 Black - DA1813
Wordplay #11 Black - DA1795
Chain Rectangles - DA2132
Water Pumps - DA0695
Wood Slices - DA2180
Driftwood #1 - DA2192
Ferns - DA0507
Foliage #8 - DA1870
Mini Dragonflies - DA0518

You still have a little more than a week to play along the Dusty Attic mood board challenge.
I cannot wait to see your project!

No comments:

Post a Comment