http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Sunday, August 12, 2018

FIND BEAUTY IN THE EVERYDAY Canvas
(Dusty Attic DT)


As my first August DT reveal for The Dusty Attic,
I created this mixed media canvas that I hope you will like.


I started off with a black canvas and covered it with a thin coat of black gesso.
I then added some texture and design using the Dusty Attic Dragonflies stencil with some stencil paste and then I dabbed a bit of paint with a makeup foam to create a marble effect.


I used one of the new impact titles which I love - they are large and bold and come in different fonts. They do make an impact, thus the name chosen for them!


Below you see a Decorative Hinge #1 which I covered with black pearl and amber gold velvet paste. 


I also did the same on the 'everyday' part of the title as well as the butterfly from the Flutterbies #1 set and the Mini Dragonflies.


Dusty Attic has a multitude of beautiful intricate frames to choose from. The ones that I used on my canvas are the Fancy Frames #8. I painted one in Faded Denim with some dabs of Lavender Blush, and the other one was painted with a mixture of Pesto and Crushed Olive. I then very lightly dabbed some white paint as well as amber gold paste on them, giving them a more distressed look.


All the flowers that I decorated my frame with are from the Dusty Attic Dusty in Bloom collection. I chose to go with the Grassy Knoll and Blue Bonnet sets which became the inspiration for my canvas colour palette. After the canvas complete, I misted the flowers with gold. I then sprayed the canvas with adhesive spray and sprinkled some Dress My Craft Crystal Clear Sequins, also available at the Dusty Attic website.


I really hope that you have enjoyed seeing my canvas and reading on my creative process as much as I enjoyed creating it myself. Playing with Dusty Attic chipboard pieces is definitely the best part of it!

Now, take a closer look at all the Dusty Attic products that I used.



Chipboard
Find Beauty in the Everyday Impact Title - DA2020
Fancy Frame #8 - DA2128
Flutterbies #1 - DA0389
Mini Dragonflies - DA0518
Wordplay #3 Black - DA1787
Quoted Sentiments #1 Black - DA1568
Stencil
Dragonflies - DA1311
Dusty in Bloom
Blue Bonnet - DA0807
Grassy Knoll - DA0809
Dusty in Colour
Faded Denim - DA0913
Lavender Blush - DA0911
Pesto - DA0918
Crushed Olive - DA0917
Sequins
Dress My Craft - Crystal Clear - DMCS3250

Make sure to visit the Dusty Attic website to see lots more of their chipboard, stencil, flower and paint collections as well as many other accessories for all your crafting needs.

See you back in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment