http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Thursday, February 22, 2018

TIME IS A GREAT STORYTELLER Mixed Media Canvas
(Daily ART DT & Mixed Media & Art February Challenge)


Today I have a mixed media project to share with you that 
I created as part of my Daily ART DT requirements.


I was inspired by the Time mood board and sketch by Mixed Media & Art.


I love the antique feel of these images... 
My main inspiration were feathers and the old book pages,
reminding me of this beautiful quill pen I've had since 1996 as a souvenir
of a once in a lifetime trip to the UK. I bought it at Shakespeare's birthplace.
I thought it would be awesome to incorporate it some mixed media art.  

Let's take a closer look on how I created this canvas.

I started off with a Hardboard Plaque #10 and created some layering by adding a few Small Shape Frames, some flowers and a Plaque #4. I stuck the quill pen on the hardboard using 3D foam squares. I then added several metal and paper flowers as well as metal and chipboard cogs and gears.
 

My next step was to cover everything with some White Gesso.


I love teal and aquamarine greens so I started off with the Pine Green and Emerald Glossy Ink Sprays to create this palette, then adding a little Aubergine. Then, I used the Copper and Bronze Glimmer Ink Sprays on the outer edge of my canvas. Wanting to add even more shimmer, I dabbed some Dark Gold Metallic paint over all the elements.


And because one cannot ever get enough sparkle, next came the Gold Glitter Paste!


I added my title painted in Dark Gold Metallic Paint and a small clockface trinket.
To add more mixed media texture, I sprinkled some Glass Beads and then dabbed some more of my favorite colours, this time opting for the Mint Acrylic Paint and Aquamarine Velvet Paste.


And this is the finished product!


Here are some close-up shots:

 







Here are the Daily ART products used on my project:



Make sure to visit the Daily ART website to see all their awesome product line!

I hope you are feeling inspired!  Until next time!


4 comments:

  1. I just love your creation!! Thank you so much for joining us at Mixed Media & Art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing canvas, Nicole! Thank you for joining us at Mixed Media & Art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful creation!
    Thank you for joining us at MM&A :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful piece! Thanks for sharing your process, I love to see how different people create their art....it's lovely! Thanks for joining us at MM&A!

    ReplyDelete