http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Friday, November 17, 2017

HOCUS POCUS - Double Page Layout
(Dusty Attic DT)


No, your eyes are not playing tricks on you!
You ARE seeing double as I have created a double-page
Halloween-themed layout for you today for my Dusty Attic DT reveal!


Note that this page was inspired by a sketch that I found online a couple years past
designed by Scrapbook Generation. I only had a printed copy and couldn't find the same
sketch online to show you, but I have added the link to Scrapbook Generation HERE.


I know that October 31st is past now (tricks have been stored away until next year
and treats have most likely been enjoyed!), but I am so happy at how
this double spread turned out. I am no fan of Halloween projects,
but I have to say that seeing the many new spooky chippies released
on the Dusty Attic website a few weeks ago really inspired me to search out
some Halloween pictures and start creating!

This title It's Just a Bunch of Hocus Pocus immediately caught my eye
as I had photos of a party decoration display which I helped
my friend Nath set up for her kids's school Halloween party.
I painted the title with the Dusty in Colour acrylic paint called Raisin.
Behind the title is another gorgeous October new release, a large Spider Web 
which was painted black and dabbed with the Raisin as well.


I've also used a few Web Corners which I covered 
in strings of cheesecloth and decorated with die cut spiders.



I love working with stencils and I have to say that the Dusty Attic
stencils are of such great quality, created out of sturdy plastic
which works so well with all types of mediums.  Here I just simply
colored in the pattern by dabbing the acrylic paint over the stencil.


I have had the Echo Park 'Chillingsworth Manor' paper collection in my stash 
for a while and am glad that I finally got a chance to use it up. 
It went perfectly well with the DA chippies and my pictures.



Make sure to visit the Dusty Attic website HERE
to see all of these new releases and so much more!

Dusty Attic Supply List


Chipboard


Stencils
Dusty in Colour

Make sure to visit the Dusty Attic blog for daily inspiration
and share your own DA creations on the Dusty FANattics FB group.


1 comment: