http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Brilliant Girls
(Kraft+ A Hint of Hound Challenge)


There are 3 types of papers that I love and am automatically drawn to when scrapbooking, and that is graphic paper, book print paper and KRAFT paper.

This month, I just knew I had to take out that kraft paper 
and play along with the Kraft+ Plus challenge!


The February Kraft+ challenge is to use this fabulous sketch 
and add some houndstooth pattern on my page.  
Click HERE to find out more about the challenge!


I just knew I had a couple different papers with the houndstooth pattern in my HUGE paper stash, and I didn't have to dig far to find these beautiful papers from Blue Fern Studios Love Story collection.  Matched with the red stripes and some black corrugated cardstock, I thought that it looked awesome over the kraft background.


I used some Blue Fern Studios chipboard as in the Brilliant word from my title, the Lightbulb and a piece of the Grunge Frame.  I added a lot of paint splatters on my background, different color paints to bring in all the colors of the papers and photos.


Yes! These beautiful young girls are my nieces Ella and Daphne posing for this year's school photos. They're growing up so fast!


The layout turned out dark and bright at the same time... nice contrast with the kraft.
I'm very pleased with the final result and am grateful to Kraft + for the inspiration!!

2 comments:

  1. Yes! You are so right 'dark but light'.....& that is CLEVER!! What I call girly grunge:) That corrugations are brill with the black spray....& the houndstooth gives such perfect balance:) LOVELY take on this month's K+ sketch - always love seeing you joining in:):)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant take on the challenge...I love your colour combo & the flower cluster. Thanks for joining us over @ Kraft+ this month :)

    ReplyDelete