http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

4 Special Layouts
(Day 1 of C'est Magnifique GDT)


I am so thrilled to have been asked to guest design at C'EST MAGNIFIQUE KITS
this month.  I have been very busy creating with their November Main kit!

What a wonderful kit that is the November Main kit 
full of 2 of my favorite paper manufactures, Blue Fern Studios & Bo Bunny
and choc full of Noteworthy die-cut shapes, stickers, fancy titles, 
bling and buttons! Combined with the Paper Add-on, I had plenty to work with!

Thank you Deonna & Dana for this creative opportunity!

November Main Kit

Paper Add-On Kit

Not to mention all those pretty flowers in the Flower Add-On Kit!

And there are more where these came from.
To view all the November kits, click HERE!

This will be a LONG post so let's get started!

Let's take a look first at my single-page layouts, 3 of them:


This page featured my parents some years back.
My father has since passed away and it felt good to be able to scrap this picture
and think back on some lovely memories.


You can see that my papers and embellishments are covered
with a coat of white that has become my signature style, so to speak.
I love the whitewash and frosted look and to create that effect,
I simply dab some white acrylic paint all over my project, flowers and all!


The sepia toned photo looks awesome amid all those blue, brown and beige flowers!


Next is this layout of me and my honey using mostly
 the Bo Bunny 'Juliet' papers, die-cut shapes and stickers!


I love how all those die-cut shapes allowed me to add 
layers upon layers of different designs and colors on my page.


Some fussy cutting and some more of the white paint dabs to finish!



My 3rd single page layout created with the Main kit is more focused 
on the Blue Fern Studios 'Paisley & Vine' collection's fun and bright patterns.


I added some polkadot design on the background using a stencil 
and molding paste, colored the white cardstock titles with red marker
and glued on some buttons to bring in the colors of the papers.


I absolutely adore this combination of fun patterns and bright palette!
And look at the tiny Petaloo flowers from the Add-on Flower kit!
A favorite of mine for sure!


The cute little girl in the pictures is my niece Ella!


Whenever I work with a kit, I always love to go back to my roots
and create at least 1 double-page layout.


For this layout, I opted for lots of flowers over
this lovely bracket shape patterned paper from Kaisercraft
that I cut in half diagonally to board each side of my double-page. 


This is me, feeling very 'serene', lounging on a rock at the Falls.


Yes! I created 5 total pages with this kit and... 

I'll be back tomorrow with MORE!


No comments:

Post a Comment