http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Gold Tag (My Creative Scrapbook June Tutorial)

Today is my tutorial day at My Creative Scrapbook.

As you all know by now, the MCS June Main Kit is full of bright and bold colors and fun Summer designs.  After having created 6 very Summer-y layouts and cards, I wanted to use my leftovers to create something a tad bit different, that little something that would force me to think outside the box.

The gold sequin trim that comes with the kit served as inspiration.

I started off by cutting a tag shape out of a sheet of corrugated cardboard.
 
 
 Because I knew that this would get dirty, I kept a paper towel underneath my tag and started misting the tag with black Glimmer Mists.

I then mixed some Perfect Pearls gold dust with water and using uneven strokes covered parts of my tag with what looked like pure gold.

I cut a square and a rectangle out of 2 different patterned paper.

I inked the edges with black Distress Stain.

I then added some more gold.

Using the same gold mix, I covered some letters from the form Thickers package.  Knowing that I wanted to spell 'Gold' (had you guessed?  hehe), I decided to turn a 'D' into an 'O' as I had already used up all the O's for my other kit creations.

 I completely covered half of a flower with black stain, then proceeded to lightly dust some gold on both the flower and the Love chipboard tag.

I then started layering the different elements together on the tag.

Then came the flower and some stickers to spell out my sentiment.

Picking apart some of the sequins off the trim, I glued some of them in the center of the flower and a few here and there on the tag.

I then added the final touch of tying a piece of sheer ribbon and sequin trim at the top.

It just goes to show that sometimes when you think outside the box, your creativity takes you places where everything that glitters....  is GOLD!  :)

To learn more about My Creative Scrapbook kits, click HERE!



5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Nicole, this is so inspiring! Thanks for the picture tutorial. For some reason I let techniques intimidate me (and I don't like my hands to get dirty LOL). What wonderful inspiration; I have lots of neglected stash I can use :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS tag! thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole, you won my RAK for The Paper Haus blog hop! Please get in touch with me at lynnirenesa at gmail dot com ASAP :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag! I am also crazy for all things gold right now!!

    ReplyDelete