http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Monday, December 26, 2011

Walking in a Winter Wonderland (My Creative Sketches #3)

Can you believe that Christmas is already over?  As always, i have spent a lovely time with my nieces.  Seeing the excitement and joy on their faces on Christmas morning is always priceless.  

I hope that you all have had a wonderful time with your family and friends.

I haven't had a lot of time to scrapbook lately, but i did spend the day finishing this double-page layout that i absolutely wanted to share with you today.  

The right side was inspired by Sketch #3 of the Big Sketch Contest at My Creative Sketches.  
And the left side was based on Sketch #1, which was the first part of the same contest
for which i missed the deadline that was way back in October, but i still wanted to play to be in the run-in for the grand prize!
The Snowfall collection from BoBunny has got to be the most beautiful Winter collection this year.  Every different pattern paper is glittery and the embellishments are all gorgeous.  I used some of the trinkets and brads on this layout.  Also used were some Dusty Attic chipboard which i dabbed with distress stain and then sprinkled with white glitter.  I also played with paints this time and created a snowy effect on the background paper by flicking my brush over the paper.  I used a Martha Stewart punch as well to make the snowflake border which i then sprinkled with glitter too.



The pictures were taken last year on one of our many strolls at Daly Point, a nature reserve where i live.  Birds and sometimes squirrels come feed out of our hands, which is always such a joy! (It takes quite some patience to get some nice photos though since they're pretty quick to fly away! hehe) It is definitely my favorite place to go in the Winter - i always come back energized and full of a sense of peace.
Well this wraps up my post for today!  I am so looking forward to starting to scrapbook more regularly now that the rush of the Holidays is almost over.  Next on my 'to do' list is my very first layout as DT member for Sketchabilities!  So stay tuned! :)

7 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! Would love to have you join me in my 1 year blog-anniversary!
    Here is a link for more info:
    http://scrapbookingsos.blogspot.com/2011/12/its-snowing-again.html
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning!!! Love all the details, so much to look at!
    Thanks for taking part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous double layout and awesome take on the sketch, thanks for playing along with the MCS Sketch Contest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous and beautiful design.Thanks for playing a MCS.

    ReplyDelete