http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Beautiful (My Mind's Eye Blog Challenge 24)

Like every month, My Mind's Eye is hosting another great blog challenge. This time, they're asking us to create a layout or other project using the theme 'Song Lyrics' and this awesome sketch by Anam Stubbington:
Everyone who knows me knows that i absolutely LOVE music, to listen to and to sing along with! I found this theme to be such great inspiration, so i immediately started browsing the extensive song library in my head for the perfect lyrics to scrap.  Although i'm not particularly a big fan of pop music (i'm more of an alternative girl), one song 'pop'd into my head from the very beginning and wouldn't go away... 'Beautiful' by Christina Aguilera.  It's a very heartfelt song and it seems to speak directly to me. I have had to battle with a weight problem all my life, and thus always have to work on my confidence and my self-acceptance. Recently, i have learned that creating beautiful layouts about myself always helps to give me a nice boost of self-worth.

This layout, framed and hung in my new scraproom (when we move into our new home in August!!!), will serve as the perfect reminder that i AM indeed beautiful... in every single way.  :)
"Every day is so wonderful
And suddenly it's hard to breathe
Now and then 'you' get insecure
From all the pain, feel so ashamed
...
You are beautiful no matter what they say
Words can't bring you down
...
You are beautiful in every single way"

The beautiful paper you see comes from MME So Sophie (still one of my all-time favorite collections!) and the lovely brads are from Stella and Rose.  The chipboard title, corners and dress form (close-up below) are all from Dusty Attic.  I turned them gold using Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink.
I hope you enjoyed looking at this layout and that, like me, you are inspired by the lyrics from 'Beautiful'.  Cut yourself a little slack, recognize your inner AND outer beauty... and scrapbook a picture or two about yourself :)

1 comment:

  1. This layout is beautiful as is your story and YOU! A perfect way to celebrate such a heartfelt song and such good advice to cut ourselves a little slack once in a while. Bravo girlie!

    ReplyDelete