http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Me & My Cousins (Sketchy Thursdays GDT Challenge)

Look at this beautiful combination of sketch and picture i found on the Sketchy Thursdays blog for their Guest Design Team Challenge. Isn't it fabulous?
 
It sure got my creative juices flowing! I love all the layering in the sketch and the colors and flower print of the cups. Here is the layout i created with all of those elements in mind: 

Me & My Cousins
The Magical Wishes paper collection by Webster's Pages seemed just perfect to go along with the theme and colors of both the inspirational picture and this old photo of me & my cousins when we were little. It was taken at a uncle's wedding. I'm the little girl in the pink :)  The picture was of very poor quality, but i played around with it a little on Picnik and, using the 'cross process' function, gave it more of a vintage feel. I love the way it turned out.

The flowers are mostly Prima, the bling is from ZVA Creative and the chipboard accents are from The Dusty Attic.
I used pink chalk on the bird bath followed by Moonlight Smooch Ink.

All the sketches i have seen so far on Sketchy Thursdays are excellent, their DT extremely talented, their sponsors amazing... so, needless to say, i would be extremely happy to be part of their team, if only for just one month :)

9 comments:

  1. Great Page! i love the twine lacing!
    Michelle
    ScrapbookingSOS.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow michelle this is so amazing stunning page in everyway.
    and have a wonderful week
    xx carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the kind comments! I find that the twine looks nice too :) It's one of my favorite products to use on my layouts lately. That and stitching... i seem to be a tad bit addicted!
    Nicole :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your LO is so inspiring. As is your wonderful photography. Love how all your photos fill the width of your blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely adore this LO! Amazing texture and color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great layering and lacing and just all around gorgeousness. Good luck and thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is awesome! I love the lacing! Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooooooooooo precious! I loveeeeeeeeeeee that photo (I miss ponchos!!!) and loving the weaving and the flowers! Thanks sooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing job with the the lacing and all of the fancy extras on this page! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete