http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Monday, January 1, 2018

MAKE A WISH - Single Page Layout
(More Than Words DT - January Main Challenge)


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I wish you all a fabulous 2018 filled with endless inspiration and creativity!

Let's start off the year with a brand new DT reveal for More Than Words...


Here is the January Main Challenge over at More Than Words
from which my page was inspired.
Word Inspiration - BIRTHDAY
Creative Challenge - TAGS

You can find all you need to know about this challenge and the fabulous prizes
up for grabs as well as inspiration from the very talented MTW DT right HERE.

To me, the word BIRTHDAY spells fun, party, cake, family and friends. I created this page using photos of my boyfriend's 30th birthday, way back in 2007, that we celebrated with his parents and for which I made him a homemade cake, topped with a multitude of candles. I wonder if I was part of his wish as he blew them out! 

The creative challenge was very easy for me as I tend to use TAGS on most of my layouts; I absolutely love them and I have an endless stash.

 Let's take a look at some close-up shots...


I wanted my page to be very fun and colourful to showcase the birthday theme
so I opted for the Let's Party collection from Simple Stories.
The papers are so pretty and choc full of birthday designs to fussy cut!


The chipboard title as well as the other chipboard are all from Dusty Attic.
I covered the title piece with glittery black embossing powder.


I used the teal tag from my stash and created the red one myself,
tracing it out of patterned paper and added an eyelet.


I added a few drops of coloured mist and decorated
with sequins to add some more colour and sparkle.


I wanted to include as many photos as possible on the layout
so I made some mini prints and lined them to the right of the bigger photo.
That way I was able to document more of this birthday celebration
while still having lots of space to showcase the beautiful papers.


I can't wait to spend another year sharing with you my projects,
and I hope that I will be able to inspire you somehow and spark your creativity.

2018, here we come!

2 comments:

  1. Totally beautiful and festive design. Love the details. Just love it!!!!! Huggies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful layout!! So happy and fun!!!

    ReplyDelete