http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Sunday, October 15, 2017

OH SO SWEET - Single Page Layout
(CSI DT - Case File 240
+ SCRAP THE GIRLS October Challenge)


I'm getting really good at detective work, I must say!
I have yet another solved case under my belt, 
and this time it's a sweet one!


This is Case No. 240 from CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration.
Click HERE to find out how to play along and to see lots more
inspiration from all my fellow CSI DT detectives!


I love all CSI case files, but I have to say that this one is my fave so far!

Here's how I solved it:

Did you know that October 15th is National Cake Decorating Day?!
Who knew that such a day even existed?! Well, it does and this case's Scene 
is inspired by it.  And I got inspired by the yummy cakes in the image!

The Scheme consists of a very feminine palette which includes 
pale pink, pale turquoise blue, scarlet, black and white.

From the Evidence list, I chose: 
polka dots, stripes, a heart, cupcakes, flowers,
texture paste, pearls and a sprinkle of microbeads.

For the Testimony, I decided to journal about my love of eating,
and of course, that is where the cupcakes come into play,
and I decorated my journaling spot with some fancy 
pink parentheses and a sparkling jewel heart.

I decided to play along with another awesome challenge
in the creation of this layout and that is
Scrap The Girls' October 'Think Pink' challenge. 
Click HERE for more info!


Now let's take a closer look at my page!

I've had the wooden cupcake and word 'eat' in my stash for months,
and I knew that I wanted to use it somehow in a title 'If You Are What You Eat'.
This case file file seemed the perfect occasion!


The title was created with a combination of wooden word, chipboard word (Dusty Attic)
and alpha stickers from a vintage Carta Bella collection called Paris Girl.
The colours of the papers were perfect for the Scheme. I just added a little blue.


I decorated my cupcake with pearls and microbeads...
and the lovely flair is from Cuts2luv.


As described above, I decorated my journaling spot.
It's true... I love food a bit too much, but what's not to love, right?


I actually went and bought some cupcakes to take the photos for this layout.
And yes, of course, I had to eat them!  They were... 'oh so SWEET!' hehe


Thank you for dropping by!

6 comments:

  1. Love this page! The papers, the message, the details, the combination of everything... and it´s fun to look at. I really love when a layout makes me smile or laugh. Great work:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a yummy page Nicole!! Very cleverly done!! Thanks for joining us at Scrap The Girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super belle page Nicole. I love the mix of colours on the dark brown background. There are so many little touches that make this page special; the "sugar" sprinkled on the cupcake and flowers, the doilies, the tags, the banners, the creative title work. Everything is thought out. Je suis jalousie de ton talent de scrapbookeuse ♥. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous layout Nicole, very sweet indeed. Thanks for joining us at Scrap the Girls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page, Nicole! Love all the details on here, like the pearls on the cupcake and the doilies and bunting. Your title made me laugh. Just perfect, and my new fave of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful!!! Thanks for playing with us on Scrap the Girls!

    ReplyDelete