http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

CARPE DIEM - Single Page Layout
(CSI DT - Major Case File 239)


CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration detective Nicole was at work
once again, and this is how I solved my newest case file!


For more information on Case File #239 and all the wonderful prizes up for grabs,
click HERE.  You will also see how my fellow DT members solved it,
and let me tell you, they are a bunch of pretty fabulous detectives!



Let me explain how I solved this case!

The Scene in this case celebrates International Music Day!
I was mostly inspired by the Summer-y feel of the image and so 
decided to scrap a photo of a very fun pool party with co-workers,
most of whom who are also, of course, my good friends!

In the Scheme, you find some ballerina pink, minty green, 
pale warm gray/off white, dark navy blue and sky/powder blue.

From the Evidence list, I chose: 
floral print, flowers (of course), flamingo, wood and circles.

For the Testimony, well, I went for the obvious topic of Summer 
and hand-wrote my journaling about a superb Summer evening with friends.

And as always, the Major Case comes with a fabulous sketch!

Now let's take a look at some details:


The papers used are from Simple Stories.  It had most of the colours of the Scheme
and had that darling flamingo piece of evidence!


I'm very self-conscious whenever I hand-write on my pages,
but I have to say that it gives a personal touch that scrapbooking 
is supposed to be all about.


I used a square stencil with blue paint and then a circle stencil with pink paint.
After my layout was all made, I found that it was missing something... so I drew
a swirly design around the photo and embellishments and then stitched it.


And there you go.... the 'good life' with a great people!


Come play detective with us at CSI! Check it out HERE!



1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is wonderful, Nicole! Loving that flamingo and all the pretty flowers and that great big title, and the bubble texture paste in the background is perfect for a weery layout. Everything looks beautiful against that rich blue backround!

    ReplyDelete