http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Sunday, December 11, 2016

A Wonderful & Cozy Life
(Blue Fern Studios DT Reveal 1 & some challenges)


What a bittersweet post this is for me, as after a year of being on this wonderful team, this is the 1st of my last 3 posts as DT member on the Blue Fern Studios blog.

Through the year, I have been blessed with wonderful scrappy friends, fabulous quality products from generous owner Leslie and inspiration galore.  I am forever grateful of having been given this amazing opportunity and will forever hold a special place in my heart for Blue Fern Studios.

Let's start off this series of farewell posts with this Winter-y creation featuring the gorgeous Vintage Christmas collections 1 & 2.


To create this layout, I was inspired by this stunning mood board from Berry71bleu.
To learn more about this fabulous challenge, click HERE.


I am also playing along to one of my very first DT's dating back quite a few years,
Scrap It with a Song which is a wonderful challenge blog inspired by music!
Click HERE to find out more about their December challenge.


Their rock song inspiration this month is Hammerfall's Send Me a Sign.  I had never heard that song and found the melody to be quite soft and romantic, very beautiful, but with very sad lyrics.  It reminded me of how I used to feel about Winter before I met Yves... it was a truly sad and depressing time for me. I kept wishing for a sign of true love.  Now, each day spent with him is a testament that life can be wonderful and some things are truly worth waiting for. 

Now let's take a closer look at my page...

The Blue Fern Studios' Vintage Christmas collections not only offer beautiful Christmas patterns, 
but also include lots of papers that are perfect for Winter-themed layouts like this plaid print.  



To go along with it, I chose several Winter chipboard pieces including the Snow Medley board, covered in Snow embossing powder with a touch of glitter dust, and these adorable mittens from the Cozy Christmas set on which I used It's a Girl and Blue Sky. 


You see below the Dangled Flake piece which I cut in half as I wanted to save some of it for another project. I added several flowers from the new kits, Christmas Blooms and Soft Blossoms.  I sprinkled lots of silver microbeads throughout my page.


I chose A Wonderful Life, covered in Snow, as the title to which I added the word Cozy which I 'stole' from the Cozy Christmas piece, as that is exactly the word that comes to mind when I look at this picture of Yves and I cozying up to each other for a selfie during a Winter stroll.

Blue Fern Studios products used:


Patterned Papers: Vintage Christmas 1 (Greeting Cards); 
Vintage Christmas 2 (Let It Snow, 'Twas the Night, Holiday Cards)
Chipboard: A Wonderful Life, Snow Medley, Cozy Christmas, Dangled Flake
Flowers: Christmas Blooms, Soft Blossoms
Imagine Ink: Embossing Powders (Snow, Blue Sky, It's a Girl)

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing with us at SIWAS, your layout is AWESOME, BEAUTIFUL!!
    I didn't know you were in the dt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout!!! Love it!
    Thanks to joining us at SIWAS this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very beautiful page. Thanks for joining us at SIWAS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow and a wonderful page thank you for entering our challenge here at Berry71Bleu x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful soft looking page and wonderful details. Thank you so much for playing with us at SIWAS

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful! I love your soft color choices and details. Thanks so much for joining us and sharing at SIWAS this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicole, your layout is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing this amazing project with us at SIWAS! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the chippies from BFS is realy beautiful and you have used them in so beautiful way on your wonderful layout. Thanks for joining us at Berry71Bleu December challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely details and by seeing your layout I got this warm winter feeling. Thank you for joining us at Berry71Blue December Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and soft page....just love all the gorgeous little details! ;-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu this month! Also wishing you a fabulous 2017! ;-)

    ReplyDelete