http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Friday, April 12, 2019

LA VIE EN ROSE
- canvas -
(Dusty Attic DT)


It's April and for this Canadian girl, that means Spring
and flower blooms and butterflies... the beautiful life,
and as they say in French, 'LA VIE EN ROSE!'

So I was inspired to create this very rosy canvas
using some of the most pretty chipboard from The Dusty Attic.


The Dusty Attic has the perfect title for this canvas. I covered it in snow white embossing powder.


I complemented the title with these two french sentiments from the French Wordplay set. 
They translate to 'Life is Beautiful' and 'Happiness is here and were so fitting to my concept.


I had been holding on to these chipboard roses (Rose Cluster, Rose in Bloom and Rose Stem) for a while, letting the creative ideas bloom in my head. 


Finally, I decided that they would be very pretty on a burlap canvas on which I added a simple subtle design on the background using the Chicken Wire stencil and mother of pearl paste.


The roses were first covered with embossing powders, different shades of pink for the petals and green for the leaves. I dabbed on some white paint and and then used distress ink. 


I decided to keep the Chicken Wire Designer Discs bare, except for a few dabs of white paint, which I thought went well with the canvas background.


My canvas turned out very soft and feminine which is definitely what I was aiming for.
I hope you like it as much as I loved creating it.
If you want to see more of my creations, visit me at Scrap-Utopia.

Now let's look at the Dusty Attic products used.


Chipboard
La Vie en Rose - DA2001
French Wordplay - DA2003
Rose Cluster - DA0656
Rose in Bloom - DA0662
Rose Stem - DA0661
Designer Discs #12 Chicken Wire - DA2202
Leaves #2 - DA1342
Stencil
Chicken Wire - DA1825

Check out the Dusty Attic website to see all their gorgeous chipboard designs
and make sure to share with us your creations on the FB Dusty FANattics page!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment