http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Friday, March 1, 2019

MAKE A WISH & BELIEVE Mixed Media Canvas
(More Than Words DT - March Main Challenge)


Are you ready to be transported into a magical world of FANTASY?!

Well, my take on the More Than Words March main challenge is all about that!


Here is the March challenge board from More Than Words.

Word Inspiration - FANTASY
Creative Challenge - WINGS

You can find all you need to know about this challenge and the fabulous prizes
up for grabs as well as inspiration from the very talented MTW DT right HERE.

I have loved each and every challenge from More Than Words since its debut
in 2016, but I have to say that this one has got to be my favorite so far.

The word FANTASY seems to be the synonym of inspiration... there is so many creative possibilities! I was also inspired by the board image to create this round fairy mixed media canvas. I just love these tiny whimsical creatures in which we all secretly love to believe.
It doesn't hurt that they have the most beautiful WINGS!


With a combination of Dusty Attic chipboard and other,
I was able to create a very fantastical scene with beautiful fairies,
lots of pretty flowers and sparkly fairy dust of stars and sequins.


I opted for 2 of my favorite crafty colours, teal and purple...
mixed in with some gold and silver accents.


I added some stenciling on the background of my canvas
and added layers upon layers of inks, paints and pastes until I reached
the desired colored effect and texture.

I used an assortment of flowers from various styles and sizes in my cluster.
And of course, I sprinkled lots of sequins mix on top.


I am so looking forward to seeing your take on this challenge!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicole! I love the style of your layouts. Your creations are just beautiful and stunning :) And I wanted to thank you for taking a few minutes out of your valuable time to visit my blog. I appreciate your comment very much. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete