http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Saturday, August 25, 2018

FREE SPIRIT layout
(Dusty Attic DT - August Mood Board
& Art Playground - Be Authentic Challenge)


Sharing with you today a whimsical layout inspired
by the beautiful in blue August mood board from Dusty Attic 
and the August Play on the new Art Playground challenge blog.


Below is the Dusty Attic August challenge with very lovely and elegant images
in different shades of blue and faded vintage greys and whites.
I absolutely am in love with it! Click HERE to find out how to play along!

I was also inspired by this gorgeous colour palette and the Be Authentic theme 
from this challenge from the Art Playground blog. Click HERE for details!


As you can see, I incorporated many of the colours from both mood boards. Grey, black, white and lots of blue of all shades and hues! I found that using a grey woodgrain pattern as my background fit perfectly and I fussy cut lots of beautiful butterflies from patterned paper. I chose to add the Layered Flourish, simply embossed with white, as they went along great with the butterflies in flight.


Following the Be Authentic theme, I opted for the Free Spirit impact title, coloring 'free' with navy blue embossing powder dabbed with white paint, and treating 'spirit' with lighter embossing powder, dabbed with white paint and then several shades of blue distress stain.


I thought that the Indian Arrow and Feather would go well with the somewhat bohemian feel
of the layout.


You can see here two of the newer chipboard sets available in the DA website, 
Iron Garnish #5 and Driftwood #2. Don't you love the details on those wood pieces?


You may find it strange how I overlapped the paper over the picture, as shown below.
Well, it just goes to show that creating doesn't always go your way. I accidentally put glue on the photo, right on the little girl's pretty cheek, and was unable to remove it. In fact, whatever I did seemed to make it worse. So dead set on using this photo, I just decided to hide the glue. Ha!


I hope you like my layout. I would love to read your feedback in the comments!

Now let's take a closer look at all the Dusty Attic chipboard featured on my page.


Chipboard
Driftwood #2 - DA2193
Feathers - DA0651
Indian Arrow - DA1355
Iron Garnish #5 - DA2135
Layered Flourish - DA1731
Mini Butterflies #2 - DA0893
Free Spirit Impact Title - DA2017

Make sure to check out the extensive collection of chipboard and other products
available on the Dusty Attic website and share with us your DA creation
on the Dusty FANattics Facebook page. We love to see what you create!

And you can perhaps combine your inspiration with the Art Playground challenge too.
It's like a match made in heaven. :)

Until next time!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout Nicole.Lovely colors to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little mistake with glue can be a wonderful balanced page, with lovely details !! I love it !! Thanks for joining us at ArtPG!! xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful work :)
    Thanks for joining the Art Playground Blog's August Play
    Preeti
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Loveeee!!!!
    Thank you for playing with us at Art Playground!

    ReplyDelete