http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Thursday, August 20, 2015

You
(Kraft+ August Challenge)



I just love the concept of the KRAFT + challenge blog as I adore the 'kraft' look.  
So every month, I find myself wanting to participate in their challenge, 
but time always flies by so fast and I find myself overwhelmed by all that I have to do.

This month though, when I saw the August  "Zentangle Doodling"challenge
(Google it!  You'll be amazed at what you'll find!!),
I just knew I had to play along, no ands, ifs or buts about it!!


I have been admiring zentangles and intricate doodling designs online for a while now, 
and have wanted to try to do some myself.  The last time I went to Michael's, 
I even bought myself a pad with special pens.  I have to admit though, 
I haven't taken the time to try them yet.  I used to draw a lot when I was younger. 
 I even took 1 year of Visual Arts at University and used to be very good at portraits,  
but ever since I started scrapbooking, this new hobby has taken over all of my artistic side. 
I haven't drawn in years!  So now I feel a bit intimidated I think. 
What if I forgot how to draw?!?

Anyway, I thought this challenge would force me to just dive in, sink or swim!
I think it's neither sink or swim for me... it's more like I'm just floating above the surface. ha!

Take a look at my layout:


I started by drawing the outline of a butterfly and created different designs in the wings.
It doesn't look like I would have wanted it to look, because I didn't even use the special pens I bought
for zentangling.  I used a large tip marker instead so the effect is less precise or intricate.


I also decided to add stitched swirls lined up with dots that I created with my marker.


With the added flowers and embellishments, I still like how the wings look against
the kraft background and underneath the picture of my niece Ella.


They say practice makes perfect... well I sure intend on practicing my zentangling
in the next few weeks, even if only for my own personal enjoyment.
I may or may not share some of my doodlings with you, but I do like
the idea of adding some to my layouts or cards as the Kraft+ DT creations,
as seen HERE, are so beautiful that they inspire me to try again.

Thank you for the inspiration to the talented Kraft+ team!!


4 comments:

  1. Good on you for giving your artistic side a bit of an airing.....I'm sure it will be the start of more....loooove your butterfly & the way you've placed in under the photo....it's a GORGEOUS page. Really lovely. Thanks so much for sharing with us at K+ this month:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely, this is beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout! Fabulous that you joined us this past month over @ Kraft+ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful page Nicole. I love how you've used the doodle aspect for the butterfly. Gorgeous. thanks so much for playing along

    ReplyDelete