http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Magic Happens (SATW September Mood Board)

When I saw this magical Mood Board from the very nice and talented Amy Voorthuis
on the Scrap Around the World blog this month, I couldn't pass up the inspiration!


I have loved all the Mood Boards from Scrap Around the World since its debut more than a year ago, 
but I have to say that this one is my favourite of them all!

FAIRIES!

They're like muses... bringing creativity, inspiration and magic
 to the people who choose to believe in them!


 This picture is of the very pretty Celeste who's looking for... what?  Well, a fairy friend, I imagine. :) 

I have decided upon the Enchanted Garden collection by Kaisercraft as my paper.
It came with this quote and little fairy 
that couldn't have been more perfect for the theme and title of my layout

I cut off the wings of a 2Crafty Chipboard butterfly and gave them to the fairy.


All chipboard pieces used on my layout come from 2Crafty, including this very intricately designed window which I covered with various shades of distress stains.


I did the same to the Sammi's Swirl which I cut in 2 and added above and below my picture,
tucked behind some beautiful flowers.




I added some chain links inspired by the grunge heart of the Mood Board
and gave them a rusty look by adding gesso and layers of red, orange, pink and brown inks.
Mixing grunge with shabby chic, I suspended some cute mini butterflies on the metal chains.

I also used strings of pearls amid the chains.
 


I am so grateful for Amy's Mood Board
as I love how this layout turned out.

Thank you for being my muse/fairy this month, Amy!

If you want to play along with this challenge,
check out all the details and awesome prizes up for grabs 

9 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous.. so enchanting and so lovely too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aahhww you are the best Nicole I'm very glad you love the mood board & got so inspired by it! Your layout is outstanding, Insprational & beautiful love it sweets..❤ thank you so much for taking the time to play with us this month at Scrap Around the World hugh hugs 💋xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful!
    Thank you for playing along with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! You have truly captured the heart of the Mood Board! This is wonderful! Love the chipboard, love the colors, love the embellishments love it all! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful . I hope she finds fairies in the garden .The clusters are stunning.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely creation Nicole! Thank you so much for your faithfulness to SATW!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ta page est magnifique Nicole ! J'aime beaucoup !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ta page est magnifique ! J'adore !

    ReplyDelete
  9. FABULOUS page! Love it so much! Soft, beautiful and delicate! Thanks so much for playing along with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete