http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Glory of the 80's (OUAS October 15th Challenge)

I had so much fun working on this layout!  When you see the picture, you'll see that it was quite the challenge, searching for the right paper, the right layout, the right embellishments - hehehe  I think it worked out pretty well.

The October 15th challenge at Once Upon a ...Sketch was perfect to scrapbook the infamous picture since the journalling criteria asked for a minimum of 2 sentences on an awkward or embarrassing moment that you will remember for all the wrong reasons or even an awkward or embarrassing characteristic or feature of yourself or someone you know.  This sketch was featured as inspiration:
When my cousin showed me this picture of her family's trip to Walt Disney World back in the late 80's, we had quite a laugh over it!  Most of us who have grown up in the 80's are sure to have some nasty fashion pics like this one hiding in their closets!  I immediately asked her for a copy and her permission to someday use it on a layout.  She was very curious as to what i would come up with.  Well, with some flashy Imaginisce papers and flowers, lots of glitter and some bling, here it is Cyn!  My homage to the Fluo Family!  Hope your parents don't hold a grudge for too long! hehehe


Thank you OUAS for giving me the inspiration to finally put this picture to use! :-)

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous!!!!! You've done an amazing job of matching papers to the bright colours in the photo and still allowing this to look beautiful!!! I'm sure many of us have similar photos! Thanks for playing along at OUAS :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, this is happy and bright.I used to love the fashions of the eighties, but now I am not so sure,...lol!
    Honestly I think the bright coloured clothes are fab!
    Thank you so much for brightening our day at OUAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I too remember the 80's styles!! And the big hair!!! LOL! Such a great subject for the challenge! Thank you so much for joining us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love this! So fun! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is just fantastic!! So beautifully put together and a real blast from the past! Thanks so much for playing at OUAS - fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just brilliant and that photo is just fabulous. I know I have the odd 80s photo and you are a brave girl to have shown yours....lol.
    And thanks for taking me back to the 80s and the things we loved to remember about them.
    Great page and thanks for joining us at OUAS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You have done a hard work on this layout with all that hand stitching!!! I LOOOVE it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh the 80's!! i remember them...hehe!! great take on the challenge.. love those colors!!!

    ReplyDelete