http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Very Special Wedding

I made this layout quite a few weeks ago, but couldn't share it with you just then. It was done for PageMaps' 5th Anniversary Celebration Contest (which, unfortunately, i didn't win).  The layout was inspired by this PageMaps sketch:
This layout is very special as it's the first official layout i've done about my parents.  Their wedding pictures were small and of very bad quality, but with Picnik i was able to make them scrapbook-able :)  

My father passed away 7 years ago today (another senseless victim of cancer, at the age of 65), and my first attempt at scrapbooking was right after that, making an album of him for my Mom. I intend to redo that album someday with my current style, making it a new and improved homage to his life.

Mom and Dad's Wedding Day
Can you believe my Mom was only 19 years old? A lot of people say i look like her, but i do have my father's green eyes :)   The collection i decided to use for this very special layout is BoBunny Gabrielle. It just seemed perfect in every way.

Flowers are all from Prima and the teal-colored chipboard pieces are DA.
The glitter you see is my attempt at giving the background paper a little spark.  It doesn't necessarily show on the picture of the full layout. I stamped butterflies with glue ink and covered them with GlitterRitz.  Here are a few close-ups...

The lock and title are wooden flourishes from KaiserCraft and the key is from Magenta.

Hope you enjoyed looking at it as much as i enjoyed creating it. I can't wait to share it with my Mom.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!
    Michelle
    ScrapbookingSOS.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Big wowsers so stunning work love it so!!
    thank you for sharing!!

    and have a very wonderful week
    hugs carla

    ReplyDelete